Quick Reference to Dr. A’s Habits of Health:
- Ch 15 – NEAT
- Ch 16 – EAT
- Living a Longer, Healthier Life Companion Guide: Lessons 11 – 12
Healthy Habit of the Week: Activity
It is no surprise that research has shown that prolonged sitting is associated with many detrimental changes in our body, including reduced fat metabolism, muscle atrophy, muscle function, and increases our risk of sedentary lifestyle-related diseases. Moving our bodies is a Habit of Health that is not only good for weight loss, but for the rest of our lives!!
Here are some suggestions for burning extra calories during your day (we call these NEAT points!):
- Walk to a water fountain (H2O is essential for losing and maintaining ahealthy weight)
- Walk to a colleague’s office instead of calling or emailing.
- Store things you need out of reach so you have to get up and walk to get them.
- Walk to a park and eat lunch instead of ordering in.
- Try to take standing breaks at home, too – whether you’re talking on the phone or watching TV.
- Take a walking break instead of a coffee break.
- Do wall push-ups while you wait for copies.
- Program your computer to alert you to get up for a short walk every hour or so.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Park a couple of blocks from work, increase your walking distance.
Start Moving your body by the end of the 1st month in weight loss! Find an activity you like- start with walking!
Teach at least one friend about the benefits of exercise and encourage them to increase their activity and improve their health habits. It’s the little positive changes we make every day that have the biggest long-term impact on our health!
Trouble viewing this email? Click here: http://coach.powerlosers.com/activity.html