What if it could buy you better health? Or a body you aren’t ashamed to take to the beach? Or just a body that feels better? Interested? Join our $20 Summer Weight Loss Challenge where, if you participate, YOU WILL WIN cash and prizes and you’ll get healthy.
This adorable mom and daughter started our health program in June 2013 and lost 97 lbs! They are ready for this summer and look at them now. Don’t they both look amazing?
Meet Dawn: “I’m not done yet but I have lost over a hundred pounds so far. I’m feeling so much better! I’m able to do so many more things now that I could not do before. I am also very blessed to be able to help others reach their goals as well. I LOVE the results I have seen on this program! I recently had blood work done and found that my cholesterol and triglycerides are in perfect order now too! Yay for non scale victories. I plan on busting it this next onto to have strong finish for my 12 month mark on my journey to optimal health!”
We all have it. That one thing (or even two things) that we just love so much, it will derail every goal and good intention when it comes to eating healthy. Mine is french fries…
and mushrooms, the deep fried ones!
So how do you have your cake, or fries, or chocolate… and still stay healthy? It’s about all about MODERATION and PREPARATION.
You know about MODERATION. Keep your serving size small and don’t go back for seconds. Also, some things just aren’t healthy for you if you eat them EVERY DAY.
PREPARATION is a little harder. Just because you are not adding sugar or frying something, doesn’t mean you are sacrificing taste. I love to cook and here’s what I’ve come up with for my three Achilles’ heel items.
Suntanned French Fries
- cooking spray
- 1 pound butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cut into thick French fries
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 drop black pepper essential oil or 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 drop oregano essential oil or 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Blot any moisture from the butternut squash fries with paper towels, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and Cajun seasoning.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned and tender, 15 to 20 minutes, turning once.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- 1 drop Peppermint essential oil
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon honey
- In a small bowl, combine all three ingredients and mix until well combined. Taste the mixture, and adjust sweetness, to taste.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture to a dish lined with parchment paper, and smooth with a spatula.
- Place in the freezer to set for 20 minutes, then use a knife to cut into bite-sized chunks.
- Serve directly from the freezer and enjoy!
It’s important that the coconut oil is not melted, or the coconut oil and cocoa powder will separate while setting. For a smooth texture, solid or softened coconut oil is best.
Not Deep Fried Mushrooms
- 1/2 c. quinoa flour
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 c. soft bread crumbs (I prefer whole wheat)
- 1/2 c grated parmesan
- 1 drop basil essential oil or 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 c egg substitute, slightly beaten
- 1/4 c. non-fat milk
- 16 oz fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 c. Smart Balance Light buttery Spread. melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Lightly grease 15×10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- In plastic bag, combine flour and paprika.
- In another plastic bag, combine crumbs, cheese and basil.
- In small bowl combine eggs and milk.
- Shake mushrooms in flour mixture and dip in egg mixture.
- Shake in crumb mixture, pressing crumb mixture to mushrooms to coat.
- Arrange mushrooms cap-side down on prepared jelly-roll pan.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.
You don’t have to give up foods you enjoy when you’re working on living and eating healthy. Most recipes can be modified to give you the foods you love without the not-so-good oils, sugars, fats, and calories that are NOT good for your health.
This is Don. He is a police officer in Riverton, UT and found that his excess weight was causing problems on the job. He lost 60 lbs and is back in the best shape to do his job and protect his community.
This is what Bonnie has to say, “I lost 60 pounds using this fantastic program. I would love to share this program with you. Share my story and picture . Someone out there is just like I used to be, looking for an answer. You may be the one who can help them find it and be the means to help them change their life as I’ve changed mine.”
Here is MIchele’s story:
“I have been overweight my whole life. I have been on A LOT of diets but yet I found myself still struggling with my weight. I work full time and I have two small children. My life is busy and I had little time to take care of myself… or so I thought. I was introduced to this program and it has changed my life! I have lost 65 pounds on this program with the help of my health coach! I have gone from an embarrassing size 18 to a fabulous size 6! Woohoo! I now have the energy and confidence I have dreamed of… that is why I am now helping others get healthy!”