Summer is here and that means pool parties, the beach, camping, the fourth of July. Here’s a fun healthy treat for dinner. Love pizza but don’t want the calories? Try this version. You’ll LOVE it!
• 1 cup cauliflower florets
• 5 ounces of 95-97% lean ground turkey
• 1 egg
• 1 cup (4 oz) part-skim shredded mozzarella
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• ¼ tsp Italian seasonings—or about 1 drop each of basil and oregano essential oils
• ¾ cup thinly sliced mushrooms
• ¾ cup halved grape tomatoes
• 1 cup fresh baby spinach
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Steam cauliflower till tender, then mash.
3. Cook ground turkey in a non-stick pan until done. Set aside and keep warm.
4. To make the crust, combine the egg, ½ cup (2 ounces) cheese, mashed cauliflower, garlic, and Italian seasonings or oils in a medium mixing bowl.
5. Spread mixture evenly on a non-stick, 9-inch round pizza pan or baking sheet.
6. Bake 20 minutes and remove from oven. Switch oven to a low broil setting.
7. Top crust with tomatoes, remaining mozzarella, spinach, and cooked turkey.
8. Return pizza to oven and broil until crust and cheese have slightly browned, about 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and let cool two to three minutes before cutting and serving.